Monday, April 03, 2006

improvising improving~ improving improvising

yongxin was soo nice to give me 1 extra lesson this morning. and it was simply the best, we had 3 hours of solid discussion and playing. i learnt some basic bossa nova progression, revised my blues abit, played improvisation with him and... tried my best to understand some theories.

yongxin never fails to amaze me with his humble thinkings, understanding of the fretboard, simple yet sophisticated melodies, his constant desire to learn more and most importantly his passion for music. he will be enlisted into NS this friday, this 2 years is probably the chance for me to catch up with him. yongxin, it was a great pleasure to know you, good luck in army.

now, i can improvise ok with the minor pentatonic scale.

i realise i have been missing out on certain musical aspect of the guitar after the chiangmai trip; thanks to azhar. i realise i am not able to strum a guitar and sing a song myself. maybe i should think about this and get some songs under my fingers.

the best friend ever...
there when i need it,
sing, weep, laugh according to me.
whiz my fingers through it,
for its never complete without me.
i love it.

1 Comments:

Blogger hmm said...

whoa ! you gotta play me what ever bossa nova you know.. you'd be the 1st person that i know who can play bossa.
well, besides me =)

11:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home