Friday, July 01, 2005

4 pictures sum up my education life.

4 pictures. 4 pictures sum up my education life.

one that show my primary school friends and my form teacher.
after which i carried on to catholic high school.
catholic junior college for my ultra fun 1st 3 months.
and finally... ending up in ngee ann polytechnic to do a mass communication course.

i have always hated the education system in singapore. i just dun see any point in jam-ing all the information in our brain and puking it out for the sake of handling examinations. if i start counting from primary 1. this would be my 10th year of education.

hm... what have i learnt.?

english.... but my grammar still sucks....
chinese.... but i still cant understand romance of the 3 kingdoms properly....
maths... but i drop A maths... what a loser...
science... but i dun seem to be able define anything accurately...

ar...... geography.... i got A1 for 'O' levels.... but.....haiz...i forgot all my geo shit after the day i finished the paper. hm.... i learnt nothing academically....

but. i learnt about life. certain events. certain stuffs affected me alot.

event 1:
my maths teacher. miss anita tan that used to teached me pass away when i was primary 4. i can still remember the whole scene that happened that day. the news spread that day that miss tan had fainted during a cca session. the ambulance came and miss tan was rushed to the hospital. i remember myself making a card for her to wish her get well soon.[really] but the card didnt manage to get her. she didnt even make it to the hospital. she died on the way to the hospital. she burst her brain's blood vessel.... i remember myself tearing immediately...

i thought i hated her... i have even cursed her before. but i realise i love her actually. she is a good teacher. i hope to see her again. i remember her lying in the coffin wearing her wedding gown.[she is getting married a few months later] she was beautiful. she was a great teacher. but i didnt cherish her. i am sorry. i love you miss tan. rest in peace.

event 2:
also related to maths. i dropped amaths when i was sec 3. this was the event that really shook my confidence. i really thought that i could no anything. but i just couldnt do amaths. i failed... and i failed... and i failed... i got 7/100 for final term. my self-esteem has never been so fucked-up before. i just cant do maths for nuts. actually. i have this dream... i hope i can pass 'O' level Amaths in this lifetime. or i think i will regret it....

event 3:
getting a A2 for my 'O' level chinese. i just cannot accept the fact that i got a A2. i remember myself crying at the stairs... shouting at my dad..

everything is a new beginning now. i am actually in class now. blogging while waiting for my turn to go for my impromtu speech. hope i will do well. god bless me. wish me good luck.!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home